From July 2022 to January 2024, I will be part of the contractor team rewriting webpages for a variety of agencies on www.kingcounty.gov.
- Rewrite web content for plain language and organize with instructional design in mind for more than 280 pages across the website.
- Work with the UX manager, lead content strategists and UX leads to carry forward content creation across multiple organizations part of the KingCounty.gov website.
- Bring a deep empathy for the user, industry standards, an outstanding sense of voice and tone, and a conscientious approach to projects while working effectively with a team.
- Use the Sitecore 10 content management system to leverage custom components and layouts to produce content as needed.
Example from this project
- Reorganized scattered content into one place in modern design.
- Rewrote and edited content for 6th to 8th grade level for easy scanning.
- This content is for those in a stressful situation so I:
- Balanced preparing readers for working with the legal system by defining jargon while guiding them through processes with easy-to-understand language.
- Solid Search Engine Optimization for easy finding with multiple words and structure that allows you to jump to portion you need from top quickly.
- Worked on language for Quick Exit for those searching for help while still in unsafe environment.