I enjoy using data to find the answers to questions.
User-Centered Design is an approach focusing on your customers and their needs at every step of the process. A product is never really complete and iterations help keep up with changing business landscapes and user needs.
I have experience creating, leading, and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data from:
- Card sort tests; open, closed and hybrid (Optimal Workshop and open source software)
- In-person and remote usability tests
- Surveys (SurveyMonkey, Alchemer and Google Surveys)
- Tree testings (Optimal Workshop)
- Google Analytics and Data Studio
- SiteImprove and Moz for in-depth website usage analysis
- CrazyEgg or Moz heatmaps
- Interviews; in-person and remote with individuals as well as groups
To share the data and tell the user’s story I’ve used:
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word for reports, PowerPoint for presentations, Publisher for graphics and Excel for data organization)
- Balsamiq or PhotoShop for lo-fi prototypes and wireframes or journey maps
- Google Analytics and Data Studio custom reports
- Page mockups in content management systems including Drupal, WordPress, SharePoint and other now outdated CMS systems
I love learning new software and increasing my knowledge of how to create the best user experience.