Focus on what your digital visitors need.
By using analytics and user-centered design principles I can take a good page and make it great. As a content strategist, it is important for me to not only create or update what is on the webpage, but create governance and maintenance plans to keep them that way. My experience as a web content manager for news and state agency websites means I can take those external findings and make them happen in your content management system of choice.
Learn more on my LinkedIn profile.
My starting rate is $40 per hour. Please contact me with your project details so I can give you a more accurate rate for your specific needs.
My web design principles:
- Data from analytics, user testing and surveys guides the process.
- Write clearly to make content easy to scan and understand.
- Accessibility should guide how your content interacts with all site visitors.
- Know every single document, image and piece of text you own.
The tools I love to use as a web content manager:
- Content management systems including WordPress, Ingeniux, SharePoint and Drupal.
- Adobe Dreamweaver, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop to create or edit graphics for the web.
- Regular website maintenance including content inventories, audits and site mapping research.
- Creating wireframes for pages using Balsamiq, Microsoft Word or Photoshop.
I have experience creating, leading, and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data from:
- Google Analytics and Data Studio to research and share site stats.
- Search engine optimization using Moz, Google Analytics and stakeholder research.
- CrazyEgg or Moz heatmaps to show how your audience interacts with your content.
- Card sort tests including open, closed and hybrid.
- In-person and remote usability tests.
- SurveyMonkey, Alchemer and Google Surveys to check in with your users.
- Tree testings in Optimal Workshop for navigation analysis.
- SiteImprove and Moz for in-depth website usage numbers.
- Interviews; in-person and remote with individuals as well as groups.
Websites I’ve worked on:
- (Currently) King County website
- Washington State Department of Enterprise Services
- Washington State Employee Credit Union
- Washington State Department of Transportation
- United States Army Leadership Development Advancement Course